EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
It is the policy of Lenoir ABC Board to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated or other covered veteran, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Apply in person or mail resume to:
Lenoir ABC Store #1
115 ABC Court NE
Lenoir, NC 28645
appointments call: (828) 754-6820
NOW HIRING in 2023
Part-Time SALES ASSOCIATES
Please come by and complete an application
or submit your professional resume
Sales Associate ABC Store
Department/Division: City of Lenoir ABC Board 125
Position Reports and is Accountable to: General Manager
POSITION OBJECTIVE: To provide customer service and perform cashier functions for the City of Lenoir ABC liquor stores. This position requires a strong work ethic, minimal absenteeism, along with standing for at least four hours at a time and lifting cases weighing approximately 36-75 lbs. to a height of five feet.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Provide friendly and positive customer service to patrons and visitors to the ABC retail stores.
2. Perform accurate and timely cashier functions with registers, including scanning and entering sales
transactions, proper bagging techniques, making change and handling cash, processing credit/debit
card sales, answering the telephone, taking and processing mixed beverage orders.
3. Perform basic mathematical computations.
4. Perform required ID checks on customers and notifies management of violations, concerns, etc.
5. Comply with all regulations regarding sales transactions and established procedures.
6. Receive stock, restock shelves and fill displays with new/current merchandise.
7. Perform periodic inventory of stock on hand and assist with monthly/quarterly price changes.
8. Close out register(s) and know how to balance cash drawers before, after, or during shift.
9. Assist customers in selection of various brands of liquors & cocktails, advise on quantity of
purchases for special occasions, and help customers with carry-outs.
10. Maintain the premises both inside and out in a neat clean condition at all times, including
dusting, sweeping, mopping, cleaning glass doors, maintaining common areas (bathrooms/break room),
trash removal, cleaning spills/broken bottles on carpet surfaces and rearranging merchandise.
11. Assist with requests for empty boxes when the situation allows.
12. Open & Close store with special emphasis on maintaining security of merchandise and store property.
13. May supervise and help train new employees.
14. Perform other related duties as assigned.
1. Must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age.
2. A standard four (4) year high school diploma or GED.
3. Must have valid NC driver’s license and a good driving history.
4. No Pending Felonies or Felony Convictions.
5. Ability to perform basic and accurate mathematical computations including addition, subtraction,
multiplication, and division.
1. Experience in operating a cash register and making change.
2. Experience in retail sales.
3. Knowledge of the various brands & the common usage of liquors sold in ABC stores.
4. Experience in restaurant/mixed beverage liquor establishments.
5. Experience with personal computers. (MicroSoft Navision & SAP/POS Triversity)
The mainly indoor work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of Part-time Liquor Store Clerk. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable a person with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
This is NOT A FULL-TIME POSITION. Hours will vary, with a maximum of 12-20 hours per week: Monday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday (primarily evenings & weekends) Part-Time hourly pay range is $11.50 - $12.50 per hour.